Custom daylighting systems
Custom daylighting systems
Daylighting has become an integral part of 21st century design and green building practices, and as products and materials evolve, and needs change, Major Industries always working to develop the highest quality, most reliable and most advanced daylighting systems available. Their goal is to provide you with an unsurpassed skylight, canopy or translucent wall system that fits your project’s needs and budget.
Guardian 275® translucent skylights provide a wide range of color, thermal performance and specialty application options. Imagine letting soft, diffuse light fill interior spaces. Guardian 275® skylights and canopies provide built-in sun control, eliminating many of the issues common with traditional glass systems. Their aluminum framing and sandwich panel construction also make them strong but lightweight, often reducing the need for additional support structure.
Guardian 275® systems feature advanced Ultimate Series™ face sheet technology for long-term dependability, and can be configured with thermal breaks as well as numerous insulation options for enhanced performance in more demanding climates. Guardian 275® panels are also available with a variety of sheet color options, and panel insulation can also be tinted to create a stained-glass look or to incorporate school or logo colors. Smaller sized single slope and pyramid skylights can also be partially assembled prior to shipping, allowing for faster installation. Guardian 275® systems can be configured with a wide range of finish options, from clear anodize to custom match Kynar® colors that meet AAMA 2605.
Standard Guardian 275® skylights are available with 2-3/4″ thick panels (individual panel sizes up to 5’-0″ by 20′-0″) to maximize daylight and minimize cost. Panel grid options include In-Line Shoji, Staggered Shoji, and Tuckerman patterns in sizes from 6″ by 6″ to 12″ by 24″. Custom grid pattern options are also available.
• Integral moisture management systems are standard including an integral condensation gutter and weeping system on all structural members as well as EPDM gaskets and high-performance sealants.
• Ultimate Series™ face sheet utilizes a unique blend of polymers, UV inhibitors, color stabilizers, and a permanent erosion veil for long-term performance – up to 20 year color change warranties available.
• Partially assembled options available for smaller-sized skylights, allowing for easier and faster installation.
• TransCURVE™ curved translucent building panel system available for a unique look.
• Removable configurations available for easy access to mechanical/medical equipment or specialty use.
• Optional poured and debridged structural polyurethane thermal breaks available.
• FRP face sheet exceeds CC1 requirements with a flame spread of 10, smoke 300, per ASTM E-84. Burn extent less than 1″ per ASTM D-635.