Kingspan Light + Air
Translucent daylighting solutions
Translucent daylighting solutions
The Kingspan Group has come a long way since its founding in 1965 in Kingscourt, Co Cavan, Ireland. They have grown largely by acquisition and globalisation remains at the heart of their ongoing evolution. They’ve grown to be the global leader in high-performance insulation and building envelopes.
Optimize natural light with our UniQuad® translucent wall panels. Our two-panel UniQuad® translucent wall system has become the benchmark for what’s possible when imagination meets innovation, enabling architects to achieve the highest levels of building performance without compromising on the aesthetic qualities of their designs. The concealed aluminum support members create an efficient and effective unitized system, allowing for a continuous, flush, and clean aesthetic similar to channel glass but with less weight and lower costs.
• Longer clear spans – up to 12ft. (depending on loading conditions), minimizing costly support structures
• Panels are preassembled – maintaining superior quality control
• Creates a 3 tier defense systems – superior protection against water and air infiltration
Our two-panel QuadSpan™ translucent skylight system enables architects to achieve the highest levels of building performance while enhancing the environments where we work, live, and play. These skylights not only offer superior thermal performance but also provide an even distribution of glare-free, diffused natural daylight.
System Configurations. We offer a wide range of skylight options – ranging in scale from small and simple to monumental and complex. These skylights are available in a variety of standard shapes, including: Vaults, Ridges, Single Slopes, and Polygons
Removable Skin Technology (RST)
The QuadSpan™ system is designed so the individual glazing panels are independent of one another and are mechanically connected to the internal support structure. The interior or exterior glazing panel can be disengaged or removed as necessary while the other glazing panel remains in place to maintain the integrity of the building envelope. This enables building operations to continue without interruption and results in unrivaled system longevity.
• Standing seam design with double tooth-connection – able to withstand extreme loading
• Tight-cell extrusion for increased durability and enhanced light diffusion
• Co-Extruded UV protection for superior color stability
• Wide variety of standard color options – custom colors and color matching also available
• Optional matte finish – eliminate glare and increase light diffusion
The scalability of the internal cavity resulting from the system’s unique two-panel design offers extreme versatility. The QuadSpan system can be modified with a range of inserts to customize the system’s performance to meet the needs of any project, including: Dynamic Shading, Class-A & Class-B Roof Construction, Additional Insulation, Sound Reduction, Forced Entry Resistance and more.
GridSpan translucent skylights provide a wide range of color, thermal performance and specialty application options. Imagine letting soft, diffuse light fill interior spaces. GridSpan skylights and canopies provide built-in sun control, eliminating many of the issues common with traditional glass systems. Their aluminum framing and sandwich panel construction also make them strong but lightweight, often reducing the need for additional support structure.
UniGrid systems feature advanced Ultimate Series™ face sheet technology for long-term dependability, and can be configured with thermal breaks as well as numerous insulation options for enhanced performance in more demanding climates. Guardian 275® panels are also available with a variety of sheet color options, and panel insulation can also be tinted to create a stained-glass look or to incorporate school or logo colors. Smaller sized single slope and pyramid skylights can also be partially assembled prior to shipping, allowing for faster installation. UniGrid systems can be configured with a wide range of finish options, from clear anodize to custom match Kynar® colors that meet AAMA 2605.
Standard GridSpan skylights are available with 2-3/4″ thick panels (individual panel sizes up to 5’-0″ by 20′-0″) to maximize daylight and minimize cost. Panel grid options include In-Line Shoji, Staggered Shoji, and Tuckerman patterns in sizes from 6″ by 6″ to 12″ by 24″. Custom grid pattern options are also available.
• Integral moisture management systems are standard including an integral condensation gutter and weeping system on all structural members as well as EPDM gaskets and high-performance sealants.
• Ultimate Series™ face sheet utilizes a unique blend of polymers, UV inhibitors, color stabilizers, and a permanent erosion veil for long-term performance – up to 20 year color change warranties available.